Mexican Rice in Only 10 Minutes!!!
Serves 6 to 8
1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 cup neutral cooking oil, such as canola or safflower (or rendered lard)
2 cups long-grain white rice
1 chile peppers, such as jalapeño or serrano, seeded and minced
4 to 5 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Juice from 2 limes.
- 1.Preheat your Euro Cucina saucepan and small pot for 2 minutes at medium heat or temperature with the lid on.
2. At the same time place the tomatoes, onion, Serrano pepper and the garlic in a blender or food processor and puree with a little bit of the chicken stock until smooth.
3. Once is blended pour the mixture and the remains of the chicken stock in the saucepan, reduce the heat to med/low. Cover up the Euro Cucina saucepan with its lid and boil the mixture for 5 minutes or until thermostat of your Euro Cucina lid reads 40 degrees and turn off the heat.
4. At the same time also reduce the heat of your Euro Cucina small pot to Med/Low, especially on gas burners. We try to avoid the excess of heat on it.
5. Meanwhile, place the rice in your Euro Cucina strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear- about 1 1/2 minutes. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water. This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick.
6. Try to dry out as much as you can the remains of water with a paper towel.
7. Add the oil to your Euro Cucina small pot and spread it evenly over the entire surface of it.
8. Then add the rice to your Euro Cucina small pot and stirring frequently for about 3 minutes until the rice is lightly toasted and golden.
9. Once is done pour 2 cups of the mixture to the rice and add the salt and the ground cumin, stir it out for 30 seconds.
10. Make sure that all the rice is complete covered with mixture. If it is not, just add a little more of the mixture or water until all the rice is complete cover. Do not exceed the amount of water.
11. Cover up your Euro Cucina small pot with NOTHING else but the Euro Cucina cookware appropriate lid and wait 10 minutes or wait until the thermostat reads 80 degrees. - Avoid peeking into the cookware or lifting the lid during the cooking process. The lid has been designed to prevent the over release of moister, therefore helps you to cook in no time.
12. Once the thermostat reads the right temperature turn off the heat, remove the Euro Cucina cookware from the burner, lift up the lid, gently stir the rice, add cilantro and lime juice on top; fluff gently with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired and enjoy it!
With Euro Cucina Cookware it is that simple!