Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Pecorino Pasta
8 ounces uncooked penne
8 ounces sweet Italian sausage
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup vertically sliced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped
6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- In your Euro Cucina 3.6 liters pot add 4-6 quarts of water.
- Cover the pot with its lid and heat the water for 5 minutes at med/high heat of temperature.
- Meanwhile, preheat your Euro Cucina skillet over medium heat with the lid on.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Reduce the heat med/low and add the sausage and onion to the skillet. Stir for 2 minutes –please use no metal devices on the surface of your Euro Cucina cookware.
- Cover the Euro Cucina skillet back on and let cook 4 minutes, occasionally stirring to crumble sausage.
- Then Add the garlic and the tomatoes in, stir, put the lid back on and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet form the heat. Do not remove the lid to hold the heat on it.
- Let’s go back to the pasta...
- Reduce the heat or temperature at med/low and add the 2 spoons of olive oil.
- Add the pasta and cover the pot with the lid back on and let boil for another 10 minutes for authentic “al dente” pasta. Stir occasionally. – For tender pasta let the pasta boil for an additional minute.
- Drain the pasta immediately with your Euro Cucina drainer.
- Add the pasta to the skillet on top of the sausage and tomatoes and mix up gently until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and basil.
- Serve and ENJOY!