Carrot Cream Soup
6 to 8 servings
1 cup onion, finely chopped
4 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
1 large potato, peeled, cubed
2 cups of fat free chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your 3.6 liter Euro Cucina stockpot for 2 minutes over med/high heat or temperature.
- Reduce the heat to med/low, add the butter and onion, then cover the pot with the Euro Cucina lid. Wait until the thermostat reads 30 degrees.
- Add carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, and ginger powder.
- Put the lid back on and cook for 15 minutes or until the thermostat reads 70 degree.
- Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully pour all the ingredients into a blender and puree- you might have to do this in batches though.
- Return to heat and add milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lid back on and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes max.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
- That simple, fast and easy. Only with Euro Cucina Cookware.